Thread: Battlestar Hand Held “blasters”

Default Battlestar Hand Held “blasters”

I have long believed that Universal had agreed to a demand from FOX that hand held “blasters” could not have the “laser beam” FX. I figured they showed up later on in Take the Celestra due to the law suit, Universal giving FOX the one finger salute.

True?
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

Glen said something to that affect in the awful Sciography special. I always found it the most stupid part of that baseless lawsuit. As if George Lucas invented lasers. They were using ray guns aplenty in G80.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity Orange View Post
    Glen said something to that affect in the awful Sciography special. I always found it the most stupid part of that baseless lawsuit. As if George Lucas invented lasers. They were using ray guns aplenty in G80.
    And in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

Heh....'membeh "Battle Beyond the Stars"? (Yeh....I 'membeh!) They were using Buck Rogers laser pistols and BSG/BR sound FX and Star Wars styled blaster bolts. If Lucas was irked about stipulating such stuff for BSG...he and Larson both shoulda went ape-shit with BBtS.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112