Thread: The Orville: 'New Dimensions'

Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Orville: 'New Dimensions'

Kelly discovers that Lt. John Lamarr is smarter than he lets on; the Orville gets damaged by a mysterious spatial anomaly that affects all living things.
    I loved this ep, it was a nice redemption for John, who was a complete ass on the upvote/downvote story.

It was also nice to see Claire's kids again and the fact that their relationship with Isaac carries on after the story they were introduced in was a nice touch.

Great effects and musical score as usual too.

The capper was Ed's apology to Kelly, which was a sweet moment.

5/5
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Another good one. Sadly, just one more episode in the season to go!
    Jim

Yep...loved this episode....pefect blend of comedy-drama. 5/5.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

I really enjoyed it and we kept looking through the city to see what they snuck in there. Housemate thought she saw a poke-ball.A very Tron-ish vibe. Great episode
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein

Thank you all for recommending this series. Had heard about it and wasn’t going to watch it because I thought it would be more comedy / parody. After reading all the positive reactions on this site decided to give it a shot and have really enjoyed it. Am now caught up and indeed rather sad that there’s only one episode to go. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Langolas View Post
    I really enjoyed it and we kept looking through the city to see what they snuck in there. Housemate thought she saw a poke-ball.A very Tron-ish vibe. Great episode
    Yeah, I got that TRON vibe out of it as well.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112