Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars
Rated R
Directed by: Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed)
Written by: Ed Neumeier (Starship Troopers and RoboCop)

If you enjoyed the first Starship Troopers live action movie, and were disgusted with the direct to video sequels, then the CG animated follow ups might be your ticket back to actually enjoying Starship Troopers again.

The first of the CG direct to video features was Starship Troopers: Invasion, and it was massively more enjoyable than the live action DTV sequels. Starship Troopers: Traitor to Mars carries on that upward trend.
The CG is really good. Some of the voice acting can get a little hokey at times, but not too bad. The action can also get a bit goofy, but that was nothing new....even the original live action movie had that.

Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer return to reprise their roles in voice as Johnny Rico and Dizzy Flores respectively. How Diz figures into the story, you'll just have to watch.

And my favorite aspect of both this CG film, and Invasion before it: The use of the late, great Basil Poleduris' themes from the live action sire. The original music written for this movie was really well done, but I love it when I hear the themes from Poleduris being implemented. Basil Poleduris was probably my favorite composer, ever, with such scores as the first two Conan movies, RoboCop, The Hunt for Red October, and of course, the original Starship Troopers.

So, yes, I would recommend these two CG sequels to the first Starship Troopers movie. Forget the live action DTV follow ups.
For anime afficianados, this movie was directed by the guy who directed Appleseed.