Thread: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Finally saw Thor: Ragnarok, with my nephew, Tom.

It was laugh out loud funny and everyone in it was awesome.

If it's the last Thor movie, then that'd be a shame, as it's by far the best one of the three. It's probably top three in the Marvel Films rankings IMO.

The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin is used twice in the picture, both times to great effect.

5/5
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

I'm one of the few people who really liked the Thor movies but yeah, this was the best. I wold love to see this one again. It was a little campy in a few spots but overall the jokes hit their target and the action was way over the top. I thought the casting was great -
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein

I'm right with you, Langolas. I, too, enjoyed all the Thor movies....i think Darcy stole the show I those.

I want to see this one on the big screen. It looks really good.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Blog Entries

I liked all the Thor films, don’t get me wrong.

While the lesser of them is the second one, it’s still better than Iron Man 2.
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post

The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin is used twice in the picture, both times to great effect.

5/5
    Viking kittens!

http://rathergood.com/2016/04/05/viking-kittens/

I sooo want the t shirt... or better still, Chris H in the t shirt....
    Writing communicates through time, allowing us to read the very words written by the ancients. We might read the proclaimations of rulers, or a simple laundry list.. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference...

God, I haven't thought about that site (RatherGood.com) in years! That had some hilarious animated kitten videos for songs.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Terrific movie. 4 out of 4 stars. The Dr. Strange & Black Widow cameos were nice.
    Love the name of the group too: The Revengers!
    Anthony Hopkins as Odin proved to be an integral part of the storyline, and loved The Hulk in this one- he was talking up a storm!
    Got to see it again!
    Jim

I think one of my favorite parts of the movie was the "tribute" play to Loki haha - if you haven't checked out who the performers were you should!
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein