Thread: Should I buy the Superman The Movie Extended Cut?

Blog Entries

Question Should I buy the Superman The Movie Extended Cut?

Buehler?
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Yes...I remember when it aired on ABC across 2 nights and loved the expansion of the movie.

Yes, the expanded version is really cool. I, too, remember when it hit ABC for the first time as a two night movie with all the extended footage.....and I had never seen the film before then....and that was what sparked my fascination with expanded versions of films.

Almost anytime an expanded version of a favorite movie comes out, you can bet I'll get it, even if it's an editorial mess like Dune.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

More Reeve and Donner is always a good thing. But I'd have to say the movie isn't any better because of those 18 minutes. They're packaging it with the existing 2000 cut as well and I don't believe it has any new special features. I'll probably buy it eventually. I'd really like to see the ABC promos with the Love Boat announcer included, that'd be fun.

I'll have to get a new player, but I'm considering buying this. I'd love to have a copy of the extended version.
    "If you can't fix it, you have to stand it" - Ennis Del Mar - Brokeback Mountain

yes it is well worth it. there is much more footage of marlon brando jor-el as well. in fact if you want you can also purchase the richard donner cut of superman II. that also contains more footage of jor-el. ironically both movies were shot together and donner was at the helm until he was fired so new scenes for superman II were filmed cutting out all of the marlon brando footage. the start of the movie was also changed showing the Eiffel tower being the target of terrorists.