Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martok2112 View Post
    Please! NOT Meryl Streep as Leia! Far as I'm concerned, just the consideration of her for the role is an insult to Carrie Fisher.
    From what I've heard, this is an online petition by some Streep fans, and not something from the studio. Of course, it could be the studio masquerading as fans to gauge interest in the idea - if you're into conspiracy theories...
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Laurette Spang's official site: LauretteSpang.com

"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    From what I've heard, this is an online petition by some Streep fans, and not something from the studio. Of course, it could be the studio masquerading as fans to gauge interest in the idea - if you're into conspiracy theories...
    That's my sense on it, as well. I mean, Kathleen Kennedy was also supposedly quoted as saying that Star Wars didn't need make fans anymore....so......
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Star Wars died a gawd awful death during the last movie. I am making 3d printed product concerning it but that last movie was total trash.

The only thing that has been produced that's worth a damn is Rogue One. Now Solo has a chance but unfortunately they cast a guy that is not even close to Harrison Ford in appearance. Now if they want the SJW Streep in the next one it just puts the nail in the coffin for me.

Blog Entries

I loved The Last jedi!

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but the scene where Luke projected himself across the galaxy was badass!
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
    I loved The Last jedi!

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but the scene where Luke projected himself across the galaxy was badass!
    I have to agree, Peter. The Last Jedi was enjoyable, largely for the character moment's. Contrary to Mark Hamill's disillusion with the character, I thought there were some great Luke moment's in this film. Luke had a great retort for Rey when he asked where she was from, and his messing with Rey when he asks her to reach out was funny. I especially liked his brief reunion with glowy blue Yoda. Took me right back to The Empire Strikes Back.

Some great Leia moments as well. I thought this movie brought out the best in the classic characters. So sad that this was Carrie Fiaher's last performance as Leia. I'd much rather they just write Leia out now.... and it would make for a pretty heavy opening for Ep. IX.

I think my favorite character in TLJ was Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran). She kinda makes me think of Kaylee from Firefly. Sweet, but can be a real fireball when she needs to be.

Episode VIII was, to my recollection, the longest SW movie to date... Two and a half hours. I really would not mind a 3 hour Episode IX if the story is good.
    Last edited by Martok2112; 04-16-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112