Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

If I were to list the few problems I had with the prequel trilogy it would be these:

-Episode I felt more like a footnote than a saga episode.
    -Episode II, whilst having a typical runtime for a Star Wars movie (post Return of The Jedi) felt like it dragged on.

Rogue One is the best SW movie ever, IMHO...and certainly the best prequel movie of the SW line.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Quote Originally Posted by koenigrules View Post
    That part where Luke "survives" all the explosions and then brushing off some of the blasted residue from his shoulder was PRICELESS!
    Happy New Years!
    Jim
    I LOVED that scene. I figured something was going on based on a few clue but for me that was so satisfying. It showed Luke still had it, even at the end. The final scene of him looking at the suns was sad but also very thematic.
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Martok2112 View Post
    If I were to list the few problems I had with the prequel trilogy it would be these:

-Episode I felt more like a footnote than a saga episode.
    -Episode II, whilst having a typical runtime for a Star Wars movie (post Return of The Jedi) felt like it dragged on.

Rogue One is the best SW movie ever, IMHO...and certainly the best prequel movie of the SW line.
    Episode II had so much potential if Lucas had someone who knew how to write romantic dialog and scenes had been consulted.
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein

If anything, Episode II did show irrefutable proof that Padme Amidala had the cutest little butt in the universe.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Quote Originally Posted by Martok2112 View Post
    If anything, Episode II did show irrefutable proof that Padme Amidala had the cutest little butt in the universe.
    "That's some mean ass that'll turn a Jedi to the Darkside!" a tribute to Red Foxx form Harlem Nights!

Robert A. Heinlein

i would say the best of the prequels and my fav is revenge of the sith.

Revenge of the Sith was my favorite too in the entire saga, just barely edging out The Empire Strikes Back....but Rogue One came along and, IMHO, blew them both away, not just as a prequel movie, but out of all the SW movies, whether saga or side story.

i heard rumors that the next episode was to center around leia. i wonder what they are going to do. some want Meryl streep to take over. too bad they killed han in force awakens. i will also say snoke is no palpatine. how he did not see that coming. kylo cuts him in two. probably the next film will focus on kylo and rey. i have a feeling they are going to join up. why everybody thought rey was a somebody is puzzling since you can be nobody and harness the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Langolas View Post
    "That's some mean ass that'll turn a Jedi to the Darkside!" a tribute to Red Foxx form Harlem Nights!
    I loved Harlem Nights. What a great movie!
    "Owwww! He shawt mah pinky toe off!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    i heard rumors that the next episode was to center around leia. i wonder what they are going to do. some want Meryl streep to take over. too bad they killed han in force awakens. i will also say snoke is no palpatine. how he did not see that coming. kylo cuts him in two. probably the next film will focus on kylo and rey. i have a feeling they are going to join up. why everybody thought rey was a somebody is puzzling since you can be nobody and harness the force.
    Please! NOT Meryl Streep as Leia! Far as I'm concerned, just the consideration of her for the role is an insult to Carrie Fisher.