Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

I read that Mark Hamill was not happy with the direction they took for Luke.

with carrie fisher passing away i wish harrison ford had stayed on. i wonder how much carrie's passing will impact the film. so sad she went so young. mark hamill decided to grow his beard out for the role of luke in this film. i believe the character of luke is supposed to be in his 50's. they really fracked up with obi-wan. if you went by the prequels obi-wan wouldn't have been as old as alec guiness in episode IV. vader wouldn't have been that old when they removed the mask in return of the jedi.

I'm gonna guess Luke is in his late 50's/early 60's in this movie. Obi-Wan was considered to be around 60 years old at the time of ANH. (Then again, Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode I was also, apparently, 60 years old...and he looked far more fit than Obi-Wan in Ep IV.)

Obi-Wan, I believe, was 17-18 in Ep. I,, 28-30 by Ep II, and probably around 40 in Ep III. So, add another 20 years and you have Episode IV, where he would likely be around the 60 year mark that had been established for him. (Different folks wear 60 in different ways.)
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112