Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Star Trek: Dumpster Fire, a weekly discussion of the CBS All Access hit show

Yeah Lorca from the “prime universe” was always from the faux mirror universe. I haven't seen the latest episode yet but it doesn't seem like they can walk that back without a giant reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity Orange View Post
    Yeah Lorca from the “prime universe” was always from the faux mirror universe. I haven't seen the latest episode yet but it doesn't seem like they can walk that back without a giant reset button.
    This could be a major problem for me going forward.

Lorca just appears out of nowhere and Star Fleet gives him a ship? Lorca II appears in Lorca Prime’s ready room, slits his throat and takes his command?
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

I'm not doing spoiler tags since they don't work, so if you don't want to know don't read.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    This could be a major problem for me going forward.
    Lorca just appears out of nowhere and Star Fleet gives him a ship? Lorca II appears in Lorca Prime’s ready room, slits his throat and takes his command?
    Nah, 14 months prior Mirror Lorca switched places with "Prime" Lorca the same way Kirk did, or will do in 11 years. The "prime" Lorca is presumed dead but they could always bring him back with the "who cares?" continuity hodgepodge this show has. But he won't ever have been Captain of the Discovery. That was always Mirror Lorca.

My biggest problem going forward is the show itself. I often feel the same way watching it I did whenever I watched GINO. I guess I'll finish this season but I won't be back for the next. As a wise, sleepy, mumbly, old man once said, "Don't go through the pain."

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity Orange View Post
    I'm not doing spoiler tags since they don't work, so if you don't want to know don't read.

Nah, 14 months prior Mirror Lorca switched places with "Prime" Lorca the same way Kirk did, or will do in 11 years. The "prime" Lorca is presumed dead but they could always bring him back with the "who cares?" continuity hodgepodge this show has. But he won't ever have been Captain of the Discovery. That was always Mirror Lorca.

My biggest problem going forward is the show itself. I often feel the same way watching it I did whenever I watched GINO. I guess I'll finish this season but I won't be back for the next. As a wise, sleepy, mumbly, old man once said, "Don't go through the pain."
    This thing with Lorca might end my interest. Yes the viewing experience is very GINO like.
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

Blog Entries

"The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Interesting analysis, if short. I still haven't seen anything past the first half episode. I'd have blown through this already if Netflix US had the distribution but I'm not giving CBS a dime. My wife and I are talking about getting the free trial and cancelling as nothing on the CBS back catalog is enticing enough to keep it past watching this season.

I've seen a few spoilers (for me) and it looks intriguing - but not enough.
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein