Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: After at least ten years, I'm finally rebuilding my Galactica

Fantastic rendering Martok.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Live, Highlander, grow stronger. Fight another day." Methos - The episode "Methos" from Season Three, Highlander the Series.

Thank you, miLady.

Here's a little something:
    Here is a sample shot for one of my constantly "on-hold" projects:
    BattleSTAR Galactica WARS

The story itself takes place during the time of "The Empire Strikes Back". Luke Skywalker and the Rebels have destroyed the Death Star, and Lord Darth Vader has amassed his starfleet to search them out.
    In a remote part of the galaxy, the Imperial Star Destroyer, Irrefutable, has launched the last of the probe droids in its complement, carrying out their search for the elusive rebels. When a TIE Fighter patrol returns, they deliver a report that they have spotted a fleet of battered ships being led by, presumably, a capital class warship and its starfighters. The ships are unlike any they've seen.
    Captain Raffor, after having viewed the lead TIE pilot's gun camera footage, orders his ship to head toward the last known position of this battered fleet.
    On board the battlestar, Galactica, Commander Tigh and Colonel Apollo discuss the food and supply problems facing the fleet. Apollo is worried, but Tigh speaks of the blessings and luck that they have had to carry them through their yahrens long journey thus far. When they get to the bridge of the mighty and ancient warship, their scanners pick up a large ship trailing the fleet. Apollo orders the current Viper patrol to investigate. When the Viper pilots challenge the mysterious capital ship crawling up on the fleet, all hell is about to break loose.

I actually have the first forty minutes of this story down as an animated video....but since I have picked up some new abilities with modeling my ships, I am obviously going to do a reshoot. I still have to build the Colonial Viper, the Colonial shuttle, and some of the RTF ships. As I may have stated before, that video was shot to look like something that could've been from a possible "Battlestar Galactica: The Animated Series", as a cartoon style. It is my hope that this new version, when I actually get down to shooting it, will be more akin to The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels in visual aspect, at least as far as the ships go.
    Last edited by Martok2112; 08-09-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Slimmed up the basestar a bit....

"It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Sweet. Love that the creative bug has bit you again...

Reworking earlier concepts is half the fun..
    Writing communicates through time, allowing us to read the very words written by the ancients. We might read the proclaimations of rulers, or a simple laundry list.. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference...

Thank you, Lara. Most kind.

As I'm often fond of saying (to paraphrase my roommate): "Half of building is rebuilding."

Or, as I'm often fond of perverting common wisdom: "Measure thrice, cut twice."

Currently working on the Viper.

My goodness do I love your Battlestar Galactica Wars! You rock!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Live, Highlander, grow stronger. Fight another day." Methos - The episode "Methos" from Season Three, Highlander the Series.

Thank you, again, miLady.

This was an all-day/half-the-night project:
    Built the Colonial Viper with working cockpit canopy...

HA HA HA! Woikin' on it! Woikin on it!

Here's a progress pic of my battlestar bridge.
    I'm going to take some liberties for the sake of time, but will try to remain accurate as possible in other areas such as workstations, the command dais, Athena's station, etc.