Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After at least ten years, I'm finally rebuilding my Galactica

Default After at least ten years, I'm finally rebuilding my Galactica

Not really anticipating much response here, but, finally, after about ten years having worked on her the first time, I've rebuilt the very first CG model I ever worked on, the classic Galactica. Obviously, I have learned much over those ten or so years, but I still have barely scratched the surface of what Blender can do.....and all my rendering and animation is done in iClone anyway.

So, here she is (still a work in progress, but...)... the Big G, as built by yours truly. I hope ya' like. Yes, I took a couple of liberties with the design, but I don't think they were off-putting in any way.

First, for comparison, and for those who remember it, here's my first Blender build of Galactica from 10+ yahrens ago:

As you can see, not much in the way of textures (to say, there really are none except for the name GALACTICA on the sides of the flight pods.)

And my build over the last couple of weeks with the stuff I've learned over the years:

Anyhoo... I hope you like.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

I like a lot. Very cool.
    Jim

Blog Entries

You can definitely see the progression!
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

There is much liking going on here. Made me VERY nostalgic for the ole girl! Great progression Martok!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Live, Highlander, grow stronger. Fight another day." Methos - The episode "Methos" from Season Three, Highlander the Series.

WOW! Thank you, everyone. Most kind.
    I am now currently rebuilding my Cylon basestar.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Blog Entries

Add my "wow, that's great stuff" to the list, there, old buddy.
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Laurette Spang's official site: LauretteSpang.com

"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Add my "wow, that's great stuff" to the list, there, old buddy.
    Thank you, my friend. I'm glad you like it.

There may still be a few minor tweaks I might make, but for now, I think she's suitable for animation.

I am wanting to redo so many things, and it seems like every time I get ready to, I instead start trying to improve my old builds.

I want to try and redo my BattleSTAR Galactica WARS video project, which pits the Galactica against an Imperial Star Destroyer....and it's more of a story as opposed to a "fan dream battle". The first version of the film is meant to look like a cartoon, as if it were "Battlestar Galactica: The Animated Series". But with my much more improved builds of the Big G and the Star Destroyer and TIE Fighters, all I need to do is rebuild the Viper and some of the sets.

I want to redo my "trailer" that I did for my fanfic of Dark Exodus some, what, 15 years ago? (Longer?)

I want to make a "trailer" for my "Galactica: The Last Battlestar" fanfic.

Of course, I still have several more models to build before tackling at least a couple of those anyway. As stated before, I am working on the basestar right now.

Cylon basestar, so far:

Thankee, sai! Thankee, sai!