Thread: GINO: anybody buying this?

Default GINO: anybody buying this?

Supposedly it was meant to be a very different show.
    “Part of the pitch was, ‘Here’s this whole civilian fleet,’ and TV was much more episodic than it is now,” said Moore. “So part of the way to sell the network on what we were doing was, ‘Don’t worry, there will be all of these individual stories. This week we’ll go to the school ship, then we’ll have a murder mystery over there.’ We kind of thought that the fleet gave you an opportunity to bounce around and do different stories.”

However, Moore and the rest of the producers quickly realized that moving the show each week from the titular Galactica to another ship in the fleet was going to be incredibly expensive due to all the various sets that would have to be built. So instead, they refocused the story on the flagship and dove into building the mythology that fans have come to love.
    Sounds a bit like what Bonnie Hammer had in mind. I believe the show they delivered was the one intended all along.
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

There was never any intention from the very begining to make this like the original Galactica. Oh we were sold as it being 50 years into the future when we started the cg work but in the end we got a completely different set of goods.

Sounds like a crock of shit to me.

You'd not believe how often I come across season box sets of Gino in the bargain DVD bins in stores. It's a lot more often than I find the original series.
    For all your latest scandals in the world of Science Fiction check out Scifi pulse which can be found at http://scifipulse.net

Thank You!

talk about a murder mystery. sounds like a reboot of murder on the rising star.

HAHAHAHA... so true!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Live, Highlander, grow stronger. Fight another day." Methos - The episode "Methos" from Season Three, Highlander the Series.

yeah i have been watching gino on demand because it is free as part of my cable package. i am still shaking my head. what the frack were they going for. why destroy all of your technology if you don't know if there are anymore cylons out there. i also saw razor. boring. the os series cylons sounded horrible when they uttered lines. looked like bad cgi imho. if starbuck was an angel does that mean she is a being of light. the final episode of the show has adama launching his viper and the original series music is played as the fleet sails into the sun. i call this scene the middle finger to the original series fans. in retrospect i am glad richard hatch was in it. we saw a bit more of his talent before his passing. still in shock. i am also baffled by who was the guy in the tank when they find the research lab in razor. didn't recognize him. looked like lance henricksen for a moment. finally i am wondering of this so called battlestar galactica movie. is it a reality or somebody smoking plant vapors.