Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow - the first lady Doctor

Dark kingdom of the dead queen, home to the fallen angels

Maybe they'll make it so that the Dr. is a pre-op transsexual in this reincarnation, and that way he/she looks like a cougar, but the twig and berries will still be there....

I would be compelled to watch this wreck of a show....

Ohhh, maybe kick it up a notch with a Kanye appearance!
    Last edited by Neuromanzr; 07-31-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Wonder if Bruce can still pole vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Cain View Post
    Wonder if Bruce can still pole vault?
    Perhaps better than before?

I'll give her the same handful of episodes that I give most actors in a new role.

But she has already put me off in her interview with regard to accepting the role.

I've never been against the possibility of a female Doctor Who. Indeed I was one of those in the late 80s thinking that it would be a cool idea, but even back then I thought that they'd need to find a way in the shows mythology to make it happen by having a few female time lords regenerate into males and vice a versa in order to show that its something that cuts both ways.

What's annoyed me about this and how it has been handled is we have heard a cross sex regeneration referenced in The Doctors Wife and we saw a general regenerate in an episode in season 9 and her first line of dialogue was a reference to the male ego and she adds that she never wants to be a man again. This to me is very bad writing and pandering to a right wing man hating feminist agenda.

In accepting the role of the 13th Doctor. Jodie Whittaker's first reaction is to announce herself as a feminist and a woman. When Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi got the role the first thing they said was that they were thrilled to be given the role, which is such an iconic one. So right away Whittaker is politicising herself as the first female Doctor Who, which I fear is going to lead to some bloody aweful writing.

Additionally. Jodie Whittaker is not someone that I would have chose to play the first female Doctor Who. She's not that great of an actor. I'd have gone with someone older and someone with the acting chops of Helen Mirrim or someone of that calibre.
    Last edited by Scifipulse; 08-20-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    For all your latest scandals in the world of Science Fiction check out Scifi pulse which can be found at http://scifipulse.net

Thank You!

makes me wonder if they are going for a female audience. many posts by women have showed them to be put off by the idea of a lady doctor.

I don't get the mindset of people who say that women will like a show better if we had a woman to it. Being a solidly-very-straight female, I am NEVER that attached when one of the partners is a woman! I loved Emergency!, CHiPs, Adam-12, the Sentinel, - all those buddy-cop/firefighter shows because the partners were both guys. (I'm sure some of you remember how totally perturbed I was that they made Starbuck a woman in GINO.)

Sometimes I think Hollywood - especially the decision makers - are full of idiots. (Actually, I usually think that. I think that even more about mainstream media.)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Live, Highlander, grow stronger. Fight another day." Methos - The episode "Methos" from Season Three, Highlander the Series.