Thread: Wonder Woman (2017)

Blog Entries

Default Wonder Woman (2017)

Went to see Wonder Woman this morning at the pictures.

It's a good, solid film, by far the most well made of the current crop of films based on DC Comics properties.

It's overhyped and the ending is a bit of a CGI cheesefest, but it's very well cast and directed and Gal Godot as WW turns in a performance of the stature of Christopher Reeve's in the first Superman.

3.5/5
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Can't say I want to see it. I caught most of "Batman v. Superman" and maybe it was the writing/directing at large to fault, but I wasn't particularly impressed with the character (among other things I'm not fond of).

DC's still too ruined for me.

Loved it. Neat storyline, great sets and effects, as well as interesting characters except for the villains (the major negative).
    Probably the best DC film since the Dark Knight trilogy. Finally!!!
    Jim
    Last edited by koenigrules; 06-06-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Definitely the best DCEU film so far. I liked it a lot but I can't say I loved it. I think my expectations were too high since I saw so many people comparing it to Superman The Movie. It's no Superman The Movie. But still a solid effort and hopefully the movies will continue to get better with Snyder moving aside.

Personally, I'm sick of all the superhero movies.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Site is back up here, www.ajscifistories.com, and you can get updates on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ajstories

Want a laugh, check out http://www.kittylaughs.com

Quote Originally Posted by AJMarks View Post
    Personally, I'm sick of all the superhero movies.
    All of them?

Certainly some of them are a little repetitive in structure with lots of fighting etc etc.

Personally, are watching most of these on the plane rather than theatre so understand where you're coming from

Nonetheless, as I mentioned in another thread, enjoyed Guardians II tremendously

Dark kingdom of the dead queen, home to the fallen angels

Gourmet Angus beef burger with a marinated and grilled portabella mushroom, mixed greens, tomato, avocado and pesto dressing on a whole wheat bun with a side of shoe string onions rings with ranch dressing, and an ice cold Coca-Cola.

looks like wonder woman is a hit. it beat out the new transformers movie maybe even putting a nail in the franchise as well. now they need overseas box office receipts so the picture comes out in the black.