Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Logan (2017)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Logan (2017)

Logan what can I say? It's very violent, touching, minimalist and has a few nods to other genres outside the superhero one. Reminded me in tone, somewhat, to the John Wayne film The Shootist.

Go see it.
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Yep, definitely planning on seeing this one.

Especially after seeing the red band trailer for it. Patrick Stewart had the best line in the trailer.

Also looking forward to seeing Kong: Skull Island.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

It's great. Probably my best X-Men film of the lot. Great characters, terrific action, and all done up with feeling.
    As some of the critics and actors have remarked, it's all about family.
    Logan is to superhero films what Skyfall is to the Bond spy genre.
    Jim

I saw it as well. Fantastic movie. Definitely a well-done, must-see film.

The kid deserves an Oscar, btw.

It was a well done film. Thankfully without a giant mess of CGI city destruction. A few F-Bombs felt forced in the dialogue.
    Spoiler
    Charles and Logan should have known anything beyond a quick meal would get that family killed.
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

Dark kingdom of the dead queen, home to the fallen angels

Quote Originally Posted by Martok2112 View Post

Also looking forward to seeing Kong: Skull Island.
    How many more KK movies are needed? Seriously... It's feeling like Godzilla and Spiderman. And why can't they stick with one size for the ape?! They have helicopters the size of mosquitos in some instances and then Kong the size of a T-rex. I skipped the last one with Jack Black and I'll be skipping this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromanzr View Post
    How many more KK movies are needed? Seriously... It's feeling like Godzilla and Spiderman. And why can't they stick with one size for the ape?! They have helicopters the size of mosquitos in some instances and then Kong the size of a T-rex. I skipped the last one with Jack Black and I'll be skipping this one too.
    This is only the eighth King Kong movie in 85 years. Godzilla has had 31 in 63 years and Spider-Man is coming up on six in 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity Orange View Post
    This is only the eighth King Kong movie in 85 years. Godzilla has had 31 in 63 years and Spider-Man is coming up on six in 17.
    Yeah, too many.

looks like patrick stewart is giving up his x man character. this is also the last time we will see hugh as wolverine. he is my fav due to the fact he is one of the few superheros that smokes a cigar.

I finally saw this one and I agree it is great. The best x-men and probably the best superhero movie to date. Definitely has a taste of the Shootist and some Frank Miller's graphic novel the Dark Kinight. As I watched it, the song Hurt sung by Cash kept coming to mind, so to hear one of Cash's songs at the end was a pleasant surprise, and Cash certainly fits the overall mood of the film.

Hoff scale: plain and simple, it's YOUR favorite burger.
    Last edited by Neuromanzr; 07-07-2017 at 05:06 PM.