Thread: Good News: Disney may be looking at TROn again. Bad News: It may be a reboot.

Default Good News: Disney may be looking at TROn again. Bad News: It may be a reboot.

http://screenrant.com/tron-reboot-jared-leto/

I feel a little mixed about this. While I would love to see TRON again doing it as a reboot means doing the same film again. Albeit with a different director and different cast. But it's still the same film.

Doing Kosinski's proposed third film ,which was titled TRON: Ascension, would have brought forth a new spin on the story. Seeds of this were planted in Legacy, and they would have gone full force in Ascension. So I would rather see Ascension rather than another reboot.

Still, Hollywood is going to do what it wants. I'll wait and see what happens.
    The world runs on 99.9% bullsh*t.-John 'Jack' Krammer

When you underestimate your audience, you're cutting yourself off from your best work.-Madeline L'Engle

Any race that thinks they're superior to another. That's evil.-Elisabeth Sladen:The Sarah Jane Adventures

The world needs better good guys.-Justice Society of America

I am me-Spike from Peanuts

Even worse - Jared Leto is attached to the project.
    The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.

Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Langolas View Post
    Even worse - Jared Leto is attached to the project.
    Which brings me to my first concern; will it be about the story, characters and maybe fans? Or will it be about catering to the 'artist' they want to hire?
    The world runs on 99.9% bullsh*t.-John 'Jack' Krammer

When you underestimate your audience, you're cutting yourself off from your best work.-Madeline L'Engle

Any race that thinks they're superior to another. That's evil.-Elisabeth Sladen:The Sarah Jane Adventures

The world needs better good guys.-Justice Society of America

I am me-Spike from Peanuts