Thread: Saga of a Star Movie -- BSG Movie News

Default Saga of a Star Movie -- BSG Movie News

Has >>this<< been discussed already? Apparently Universal is still keen to make a Galactica movie. According to >>this<<, now they're looking at Lisa Joy to write the script. This troubles me because of what she's doing now (Westworld) - a story of human made, lifelike robots that go rogue to destroy all humans (humans, by the way, who largely have absolutely no morally redeeming values). That story line fits for Westworld, but is not true to a real retelling of Battlestar Galactica.

I just have concerns that this will be another shit-burger. That's assuming it ever gets off the ground.

"I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones and argue about the weather." -- Necron2.0

Yeah we've talked about it. Check the date of the article. Near as we figure Joy was the third person to write a script. There will likely be several more before they ever roll cameras. But they will eventually. Universal wouldn't have paid a lot of money for the rights if they weren't going to use them.

Ah, OK. Apologies then. I went back several pages in the old posts, and didn't realize the discussion there was for this. I thought it predated the announcement of Lisa Joy as writer.
    "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones and argue about the weather." -- Necron2.0

It seems these ass clowns never learn there lesson on colossal failures. Again it's over leave BG alone and at peace.

They've already damned it once why drag it through the gutter again?

From the grain of salt file it appears the film is still on. I'm still unconvinced.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dy...al-1202492272/
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    From the grain of salt file it appears the film is still on. I'm still unconvinced.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dy...al-1202492272/

Grain
    of salt? How about the whole shaker?
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Laurette Spang's official site: LauretteSpang.com

"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Step right up, spin the wheel... Old? New? Reimagination? Reboot?

Universal has a knack for enthusiastically hosing down the hopes of fandom.. My guess is none of us are going to get what we want..

But I am always up for a surprise. Enough monkies given enough time at a keyboard are said to be able to produce Shakespeare by pure chance ...

Perhaps the choice of Dylan Clark is a riff on that..
    Writing communicates through time, allowing us to read the very words written by the ancients. We might read the proclaimations of rulers, or a simple laundry list.. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference...

I says: "Bring it on!" I'll worry about disappointment when (and if) more details surface.

If it goes with either established timeline, great.

If it tries something different, well, I'll try to keep an open mind until there's reason to do otherwise.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Considering how everything else seems to be being bastardized, I say leave it alone.

I'd rather see nothing than something bad.