Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Timeless: "Pilot" NBC

Quote Originally Posted by koenigrules View Post
    Yes, and the ratings are tanking. No third season for this show.
    Jim
    Not sure how they expect shows to grow an audience when they do a half season, then it goes away for months and then comes back in a different time slot.

Dark kingdom of the dead queen, home to the fallen angels

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Cain View Post
    Not sure how they expect shows to grow an audience when they do a half season, then it goes away for months and then comes back in a different time slot.
    you are obviously are living in the past.. we don't need to know thee stinking time slots anymore... There are these new fangled thingies like VOD, HULU & Netfllix!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromanzr View Post
    you are obviously are living in the past.. we don't need to know thee stinking time slots anymore... There are these new fangled thingies like VOD, HULU & Netfllix!
    Those sound cool. I'll have to go up on the roof and adjust my antenna. I don't seem to be picking them up right now.

Those sound cool. I'll have to go up on the roof and adjust my antenna. I don't seem to be picking them up right now.
    Yeah...grab yourself an aluminium pie pan, drill a hole the size of the tip of the antenna and stick the pan on the antenna, Then tie two copper wires around the tip and wrap them down to the base of the antenna and hook a 9 volt battery to that sucker. Finally aim the pie pan in a north west direction. Make fine tune adjustments by having someone turn on the TV, set it to channel 3, and watch for those channels to pop up on the menu screen.

Yeah...grab yourself an aluminium pie pan, drill a hole the size of the tip of the antenna and stick the pan on the antenna, Then tie two copper wires around the tip and wrap them down to the base of the antenna and hook a 9 volt battery to that sucker. Finally aim the pie pan in a north west direction. Make fine tune adjustments by having someone turn on the TV, set it to channel 3, and watch for those channels to pop up on the menu screen.
    Our antenna and tv are on opposite sides of the house. So I reckon I'll have to have the kids yell out the window as I make adjustments to tell me if they see anything.

Not having much luck. I was thinking, the 9 volt battery is not a lot of power. Do you think maybe a car battery might boost signal a bit?

Not having much luck. I was thinking, the 9 volt battery is not a lot of power. Do you think maybe a car battery might boost signal a bit?
    Yes and depending on your area you may have to switch from a pie pan to at least a 24" wok.

Yes and depending on your area you may have to switch from a pie pan to at least a 24" wok.
    The pie pan did have a bit of baked on cherry filling so I scraped that off with great difficulty. I may have to try the large wok. Still no Netflix or Hulu. Are those on a particular channel or is it area dependent? The kids yelled something incoherent out the window about picking up something from VGER. Honestly they are more into playing Slapjack than helping. The trophy wife is out shopping so I'm kinda on my own on this. And its snowing in April. Lots of fun on the roof. Thanks for your help. You're like a Home Depot guy but you actually know something.

The pie pan did have a bit of baked on cherry filling so I scraped that off with great difficulty. I may have to try the large wok. Still no Netflix or Hulu. Are those on a particular channel or is it area dependent? The kids yelled something incoherent out the window about picking up something from VGER. Honestly they are more into playing Slapjack than helping. The trophy wife is out shopping so I'm kinda on my own on this. And its snowing in April. Lots of fun on the roof. Thanks for your help. You're like a Home Depot guy but you actually know something.

Picking up VGER is a good thing. You're on the right track, but it's snowing so you'll have to beef up the system some more. You will definitely need the wok. Also, get yourself a 6" diameter aluminum funnel, a coaxial to antenna converter, and a car brake light (LED preferably) and a generic TV remote control. Disconnect the battery and replace the pie pan. Place the convert at the bottom of the wok. Tie the copper wires into the screws on the converter. Stick the funnel over the coaxial port and epoxy that thing on good. Now, solder the light bulb into the coaxial port, coaxial wire to the end of the bulb's base and the side wall of the bulb to the coaxial metal sleeve, use some wire to make the connections. Okay almost done, take the remote control and wire it into the battery and the copper wire from the antenna. Aim the remote towards your TV and set it to channel 3. Fine tune as before.

Picking up VGER is a good thing. You're on the right track, but it's snowing so you'll have to beef up the system some more. You will definitely need the wok. Also, get yourself a 6" diameter aluminum funnel, a coaxial to antenna converter, and a car brake light (LED preferably) and a generic TV remote control. Disconnect the battery and replace the pie pan. Place the convert at the bottom of the wok. Tie the copper wires into the screws on the converter. Stick the funnel over the coaxial port and epoxy that thing on good. Now, solder the light bulb into the coaxial port, coaxial wire to the end of the bulb's base and the side wall of the bulb to the coaxial metal sleeve, use some wire to make the connections. Okay almost done, take the remote control and wire it into the battery and the copper wire from the antenna. Aim the remote towards your TV and set it to channel 3. Fine tune as before.
    That's a lot to take in there. I'm an amateur and honestly that reads like there should be something in there about the air speed of a laden swallow. But I've almost got it. Forgot the first part about disconnecting the battery. Lost bladder control briefly after that error! So I got the car brake light to come on but it goes off when I use the remote to set the tv to channel 3. I went ahead and fine tuned despite the brake light anomaly. No Netflix or Hulu but I did find thousand of emails from a H.R.C. Just boring stuff about weddings, baby showers, uranium, Russia and Libya. The brake light thing really has me puzzled. It may be the key to the whole thing not working. Thanks again.