Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Timeless: "Pilot" NBC

Default Timeless: "Pilot" NBC

Good VFX, decent actors and characters (though stock.)

It's pretty much the same as every episodic time travel series that's been aired over the past fifty years with the notable exception that the team does not entirely succeed. History is altered and I'm betting it will continue to be altered in each episode/mission for the season arc.

Nothing ground-breaking but worth watching if you have nothing better to do. I'll watch it until it gets canceled at the end of the season, like every network SF series.

3 out of 5

It was ok. Better than most stuff on tv. as you said, it won't get renewed. its SF.

It was okay. The effects were great, but the acting pretty bland. I agree that it won't survive after one season.

2nd episode had an interesting hook, made me wonder if the professor will exist by the end of season 1.
    "Intellect and romance triumph over brute force and cynicism." —Craig Ferguson

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.' - Ronald Reagan

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney

it wasn't bad. probably will last one season. anybody watch frequency on cw.

I was just going to post that Frequency and Timeless are VERY similar to each other.
    Frequency doesn't have the special effects but I really like the characters and I'm more positively disposed to it than Timeless.

I didn't mind it, but to be honest I'm not crazy about Network TV. It's far too formulaic, unlike the shows on HBO, Showtime, and the like, which aren't afraid to think outside the box in terms of plot and character development.

Anyone watching the new season?

I keep missing it, but liked it last season. Its on Sunday now right?

Yes, and the ratings are tanking. No third season for this show.
    Jim