Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Another opinionated voice is out there...

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

If the press would cover me accurately & honorably, I would have far less reason to "tweet." Sadly, I don't know if that will ever happen!

Dec. 5, 2016, 11:00 a.m.
    Padmé: [to Bail Organa] So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.

$1.89 when Obama elected President.
    About that price now, in many areas, thank to the Marcellus Shale Boom,
    which happened despite the Obama administration's efforts against it,
    like the Keystone Pipeline and the EPA attack dogs shutting down fossil fuel facilities.

Blog Entries

Liberal press or not, at the end of the day, Richard Nixon was still a crook.
    "The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Perhaps folks should realize that if the press would have reported the news, honestly and with a little damned integrity, and not take Trump's remarks, edit them and publish them completely out of context, he may not have needed to resort to Tweeting remarks. Unfortunately, that appears to be his only recourse to getting HIS remarks to the general public, in their entirety.
    Yes, I fully agree with this. Much of my ire is reserved for the current lack of true journalistic integrity in all our media.

However, and unfortunately, his tweets make him sound like a spoiled 8-year-old.
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Laurette Spang's official site: LauretteSpang.com

"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
    Liberal press or not, at the end of the day, Richard Nixon was still a crook.
    True. And it was Journalists who brought him down. We don't have any of those anymore, we have propaganda machines with half-hours of talking heads on TV each evening.
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Okay, I'm not usually here, but three things..
    1.) I don't care what party name you take or what you consider yourself on the political spectrum; you're a fool if you think that only politicians not of your stripe do bad or illegal things. You are equally a fool if you defend your politician for the same thing you condemn another politician for doing
    2.) The Meme-War a few pages back is why I, for the most part, avoid political discussions. You don't end up changing other people, and you usually end up ten minutes closer to a heart attack.
    3.) Libertarianism just makes things a whole lot easier

Blog Entries

The Great Wise Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Yes, I fully agree with this. Much of my ire is reserved for the current lack of true journalistic integrity in all our media.

However, and unfortunately, his tweets make him sound like a spoiled 8-year-old.
    I'm amazed that people don't see a liberal bias in a majority of the American news media.

So is this the only active political thread?
    Boy before the mirror checks his camouflage polishes his armor and the Charger in the garage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    I'm amazed that people don't see a liberal bias in a majority of the American news media.
    The liberal bias is prevalent because that adds to the controversy and sensationalism that brings in higher ratings and advertising dollars. It has developed into a clear political bias over the last 40 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
    So is this the only active political thread?
    Apparently. Not that it breaks my heart or anything...
    The Great Wise Guru

All i can say is there all freakin idiots. These "elected" morons actually think they know what there doing.

If i have to look at Al Franken one more time i'm going to punch myself in the face!

Talk about complete tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Titon View Post
    All i can say is there all freakin idiots. These "elected" morons actually think they know what there doing!
    Who is the more moronic? The elected morons? Or the morons who elected them? /WWOWS?

(not offered in mean-spirit, or even as a substantial reply....just, it was so ripe for a classic Obi-Wan-esque retort. Humor seemed to be called for. )
    Last edited by Martok2112; 03-26-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112