Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Another opinionated voice is out there...

The following are personal opinions only, based on observations, so take with a grain of salt, or the whole shaker if need be.

In any religion, fear plays a major factor....especially from the fundamentalists and orthodoxy of such.

When I mentioned that Imams or the followers of Islam might be targeted by the jihadists, or shunned by their religion for taking a stand against radicalism, it's more the thought of "waking the dragon", so to speak. It's not so much that to speak against jihadists and radicals is actually against the religion, as much as it is that followers who fear reprisal from those jihadists because someone was actually brave enough to speak out would suddenly turn their backs on said brave person(s). The followers would rather the dragon just left them alone, and that no one go poking around in the cave trying to awaken it, and bringing its wrath down upon them all.

So, if someone (especially an Imam) is actually courageous enough to publically denounce the jihadists and condemn their cowardly, soulless attacks, they may risk being shunned by even their own followers just so that they keep the jihadists off their back. They might distance themselves from the person or the Imam.

But yes, to reiterate a previous point: I do believe that most of those who would not speak out against such attacks are also ones who support Sharia Law. I also believe that those who are reticent to condemn such cowardice are ones who figure that if they lull us "infidels" into a false sense of security with them, then they'll gradually try to work Sharia Law into the lives of the infidels. All men must have long beards. All women must wear hijabs. And all the oppressive bullshit that comes with Sharia Law. Those kinds of folks are just biding their time, in my humble opinion. And then, if Sharia Law takes hold, then they will be allowed to mete out their kind of justice... beheadings, stonings, and such.

I'm all for tolerance and diversity, and all that fluffy stuff, until tolerance and diversity gets confused with political correctness and the kissing of ass of people who don't deserve it in the first place. When those who preach "tolerance" and "diversity" start swaying toward "willful submission", then my guns come out. Some snowflake comes and tries to tell me to "embrace and accept their way of life as our own", they will have exactly five seconds to withdraw from my sight....else, the aforementioned snowflake will become quite intimate with the inside of a hurt locker.

I'm hoping that clarifies my thought on that.

All the above having been said, I did see a rather disturbing post in one person's comment reply in a Fox News commentary.
    One poster referred to the Muslims as godless. (Although I do believe the poster was actually referring to the terrorists, not Islam itself.)
    Someone replied saying: The Muslims aren't godless. They just worship a different kind of god. They don't worship God, they worship Allah.

If I'd had a membership there, I would've pointed out to that person (politely) that Allah is just the Muslim name for God. Much like Jehovah. The difference in the religions is the prophets they support.

Christianity follows the teachings of Jesus Christ, whom we hold to be the Son of God. Christ is the prophet of Christianity.
    Mohammed is the prophet of Allah (God) in the religion of Islam.
    The Hebrews are still waiting for their prophet.

It makes me think of the bumper sticker I saw one time that said: "Jesus loves you. Allah wants you dead." Amusing, and ignorant.

Again, personal opinions only.
    Last edited by Martok2112; 06-04-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Dark kingdom of the dead queen, home to the fallen angels

I think that if one were truly a holy man of God, and these attacks were against said God's word, then it would be said holy man's duty to speak against it, no matter the consequence, for if he did not, then he would be failing God and damming himself by inaction.

But that's just me and my screwed up thinking....

Blog Entries

As I understand it, part of it has to do with the fact there's no definitive hierarchy in Islam, the way there is in, say, Catholicism. Islam doesn't have a Pope, or an Archbishop. Much is left up to the individual, so in the absence of a papal-style authority figure they will interpret the Quran themselves, or follow someone whose interpretation speaks to them. Christianity works much the same way, actually. Politics, too.

And they have just cause to fear retribution - Muslims are, by far, the most numerous of the jihadist's victims, but there are Muslims who are condemning these attacks. As I noted, Muslims came to the aid of the victims of Manchester. Others spoke out. And you can thank the bias of our media that very little of this - if any - was heard here.
    The Great Wise Guru

Dirk Benedict's official site: DirkBenedictCentral.com Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Laurette Spang's official site: LauretteSpang.com

"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I no longer fight my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    t. And you can thank the bias of our media that very little of this - if any - was heard here.
    Indeed.

LIBERAL MEDIA: "OMG, this is so in violation of the message of tolerance and understanding that we want to send out. If we show Muslims speaking out against Muslims, it could completely sink our campaign of political correctness. We must show the unenlightened masses that Muslims are as misunderstood as sharks or spiders, and can cure them of such ignorance with the right education."

IOW: The liberal media are considerably confused when it comes to just who are the good guy Muslims and who are the bad guy Muslims.....so let's make 'em all "good guys"....simply misunderstood... you know...the way that unenlightened people misunderstand inner city gangstas and thugs.

My understanding: Jihadists,radicals, gangstas, and thugs are all useless pieces of shit and need to be rounded up, put in one spot, and summarily executed. Jihadists and radicals are national AND domestic terrorists. Gangstas and thugs are domestic terrorists who wish they were national. (And AFAIC, if you fly gang colors, or support some gang, you belong in the same category) Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out.
    Last edited by Martok2112; 06-05-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    "It is not so much that I am a smart man, rather that I have simply been accused of having good ideas....on occasion." -Martok2112
    "Much of what I know, I don't know half as well as I'd like, and half of what I know is more than deserves to be learned." -Martok2112

Blog Entries

"The next wave of fascism will come not with cattle cars and camps. It will come with a friendly face." - Bertram Gross, "Friendly Fascism"

That's great news. Such denouncements need to continue and many more Imams need to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromanzr View Post
    That's great news. Such denouncements need to continue and many more Imams need to join in.
    Agreed.

Last edited by Neuromanzr; 06-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.